Tesla has published a new job posting seeking ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance System) Test Operators in Montreal, Quebec. This is the second such job posting published in Canada, with the automaker also hiring Autopilot test drivers in Ontario.
According to the job posting published to Tesla’s Career website within the last week, the position is full time and requires someone who can “identify improvements and regressions across software iterations” to help “accelerate our vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving.”
The job will be based in Montreal, but it will also take you to “domestic and international destinations” to test vehicles and their driver-assist software on “public roads, test tracks and proving grounds.”
A love for driving your Tesla and testing Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta will not get you the job. You will also be required to:
- Survey the local region and design routes with perspective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
- Design test specs and create judgement criteria using tools such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize the latest Autopilot and other relevant vehicle features.
- Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze test data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
- Communicate with developers and test engineers, be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
As we mentioned this is not the first time Tesla has hired for ADAS Test Operators in Canada. Tesla first published this job posting for the Toronto area back in March 2021, before the expansion of FSD Beta outside of the US. At the time we thought that meant FSD Beta was going to be released soon, but it took another year for that to happen.
The Toronto job posting has remained on Tesla’s Careers website since it was republished in May of last year, however we have yet to hear of anyone being successful in their application. If you were and are now an ADAS Test Operator in Canada, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read the full job posting and requirements and apply for the position here (English) or here (French).