Tesla released an article detailing their support of Electric Mobility Canada’s 2030 EV action plan and provided details on how Tesla drivers can help push it forward.
Tesla provided three actions people can do to help support the plan’s adoption. (h/t:@xsaltwedgex)
- Write your MP.
- Visit the plan’s website, and sign up for the mailing list.
- Post on social media using the hashtag #2030EVActionPlan and explain why it is important and should be adopted by the government.
The article comes at an interesting time. The Canadian federal government is nearing finalizations for Budget 2022. While Canada’s largest province goes to the polls in June with EVs as a major talking point.
Electric Mobility Canada’s 2030 EV Action Plan would ensure that every new car sold in Canada is electric by 2030.
If adopted, the EV Action Plan includes the following sweeping policy changes:
- One million condominium and apartment building parking lots contain EV charging stalls within five years.
- Extra support for low and modest-income households has access and resources to EVs, including a Canada-wide used EV program.
- Enhance tailpipe emission standards for internal combustion engine vehicles through 2030.
- Ensure that 100 per cent of passenger vehicle sales are electric by 2030.
- Ensure that 100 per cent of medium and heavy-duty truck sales are electric by 2040.
However, it will be interesting to see how much of the plan does make it into Budget 2022 or official government actions on EV adoption.
At least to say, there is a demand across the country to make this plan a reality.