After what seemed like almost weekly price increases through much of last year, Tesla has raised prices on some of their vehicles for the first time in 2022.
The changes impact the Model 3 and Model Y in all of their major markets including Canada, the US, some European countries, and China. (h/t: @BLKMDL3)
The increases come at the same time as prices for the raw materials that go into EV batteries, such as nickel, have soared in the weeks following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Most notable among the changes is the $2,000 increase for the Model Y Long Range in Canada, making it $9,000 more expensive than it was in October 2020 when it was priced at $69,990.
Here is a quick breakdown of all the changes for each variant in each market:
Model 3 Price Changes – Canada
- Rear Wheel Drive – $59,990 (no change)
- Long Range – $66,990 to $68,990 (+$2,000)
- Performance – $76,990 (no change)
Model Y Price Changes – Canada
- Long Range – $76,990 to $78,990 (+$2,000)
- Performance – $85,290 (no change)
Model 3 Price Changes – USA
- Rear Wheel Drive – $44,990 (no change)
- Long Range – $50,990 to $51,990 (+$1,000)
- Performance – $58,990 (no change)
Model Y Price Changes – USA
- Long Range – $58,990 to $59,990 (+$1,000)
- Performance – $63,990 to $64,990 (+$1,000)
Model 3 Price Changes – Germany
- Rear Wheel Drive – €42,990 (no change)
- Long Range – €51,990 to €54,990 (+€3,000)
- Performance – €55,990 to €58,990 (+€3,000)
Model 3 Price Changes – China
- Rear Wheel Drive – ¥301,840 (no change)
- Long Range – ¥357,900 (no change)
- Performance – ¥339,900 to ¥349,900 (+¥10,000)
Model Y Price Changes – China
- Long Range – ¥347,900 to ¥357,900 (+¥10,000)
- Performance – ¥387,900 to ¥397,900 (+¥10,000)
Delivery Date Changes
Along with the price increase, estimated delivery dates have shifted.
An order for a base Model Y Long Range in Canada or the US with no options is now expected to arrive in December 2022, up from the previous date of August 2022.
Adding any option like paint, wheels, or even a tow hitch drops that date down to September 2022.
Model 3 orders in North America have a bit of a shorter wait time.
The Model 3 RWD with no options has an estimated delivery date of August 2022, switching to July 2022 with any option added.
The Long Range and Performance variants has the shortest wait time of just May 2022 with or without options.
This is a developing story, check back for updates…