Prince George Tesla Supercharger about to begin construction [British Columbia]

Superchargerstockphoto

The Tesla Supercharger network in British Columbia has seen a major expansion in recent months with new stations opening in Hope, Golden, North Vancouver, Coquitlam, and elsewhere.

Now the northernmost Supercharger in Canada is about to begin construction in Prince George, BC.

According to a photo shared on Facebook by Lisa-Ann Marshall, construction equipment has arrived at 3036 Recplace Drive. Fencing has already been put up around the construction area, which is located adjacent to The Canadian Brewhouse & Grill. (h/t: @Vancity_tesla)

Prince George Supercharger
Image via Lisa-Ann Marshall /Facebook

Even though construction has not officially begun and there is no visible evidence of Tesla equipment, we know this is the location of the Prince George Supercharger. Natural Resources Canada (NRC) revealed the address, along with 13 others in B.C, Alberta, and Saskatchewan in an update to their website earlier this year.

As part of the deal to receive funding from NRC, the requirements state that 75% of the chargers can be proprietary (e.g., Tesla), and the remaining 25% must be “universal.”

Once activated, this Prince George Supercharger will help complete the Highway 97 connection between the southern and norther parts of the province. Other Superchargers along the route are also under construction in Quesnel, Williams Lake, and Cache Creek.

About Darryn John 2937 Articles
Founder and Editor-in-chief of Drive Tesla Canada | Darryn@DriveTeslaCanada.ca Have a Tesla tip? Email tips@driveteslacanada.ca, or DM us on Twitter @DriveTeslaca