Natural Resources Canada reveals locations of 14 Tesla Superchargers (129 stalls) in BC, Alberta & Saskatchewan [Update]

Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) has received nearly $100 million dollars from the Government of Canada over five years to expand the electric vehicle (EV) charging network across the country.

Through its Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative, 837 EV fast chargers, 23 natural gas refuelling stations and 8 hydrogen refuelling stations have been selected for funding.

According to new information posted to the NRCan website, Tesla has been approved for $5,102,500 to install 14 Supercharger stations with 129 stalls at various locations in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Some of the locations we already knew about, like the Osoyoos and Castlegar locations. Many of them are new however and were only added to Tesla’s Supercharger map with generic marker pins in its annual update this year.

Now we know the exact locations, and the number of stalls at each. For locations with an odd number, it likely means some additional CCS/CHAdeMo chargers will be included.

UPDATE: According to additional information on the NRCan website, all of the sites listed below will be required to have CCS, CHAdeMO, or J1772 chargers. The requirements state that 75% of the chargers can be proprietary (e.g., Tesla), and the remaining 25% must be “universal”. This means Vernon will likely have 12 Superchargers and 4 universal chargers.

Proponent NRCan Funding Province Address Status
Tesla Motors Canada ULC British Columbia $3,090,000 1500 Cranbrook Street North, Cranbrook, BC (8 stations) Under construction
1 1809 BC-3A, Creston, BC (8 stations) Under construction
2001 BC-3, Fernie, BC (8 stations) Under construction
2701 11 Avenue North East, Salmon Arm, BC (11 stations) Under construction
2200 58 Avenue, Vernon, BC (16 stations) Under construction
8513 74 Avenue, Osoyoos, BC (11 stations) Under construction
3030 Recplace Drive, Prince George, BC (8 stations) Under construction
2000 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, BC (8 stations) Under construction
Tesla Motors Canada ULC Alberta & Saskatchewan $2,012,500 4523 4 Avenue, Edson, AB (8 stations) Under construction
QS-NE SEC-16 TWP-045 RGE-01 MER-6, AB (11 stations) *Jasper* Under construction
6623 Highway 16a West, Vegreville, AB (8 stations) Under construction
7405 44 Street, Lloydminster, AB (8 stations) Under construction
3035 Clarence Avenue South, Saskatoon, SK (8 stations) Under construction
9800 Territorial Drive, North Battleford, SK (8 stations) Under construction

The information also appears to be a little optimistic, listing every site as currently under construction. The previously mentioned Castlegar Supercharger is definitely not under construction, with a proposal for the site set to go before city council later this month.

But the fact that all these sites have been approved for funding is a good sign that construction of these sites should begin this year.

We’ll be updating our Supercharger map soon with all of these new locations.

Are you buying a Tesla? If you enjoy our content and we helped in your decision, use our referral link to get a three month trial of Full Self-Driving (FSD).
Previous Article

City of Cranbrook adds to municipal fleet with first EV

Next Article

Tesla increases price of Model Y in China

You might be interested in …