Lucid announced yesterday that it has selected Orange Business as the preferred European partner for in-vehicle connectivity and digital expertise.
Orange has assisted Lucid in several ways:
- Provided a seamless pan-European internet of things solution.
- Provided internet connectivity for Lucid’s vehicles.
- Assisted Lucid in simplifying and navigating the various regulatory requirements on the continent.
- Integrated into Lucid’s supply chain and adapted test procedures for vehicles delivered in Europe.
- Enabled infotainment and internet-enabled content for users, including navigation, streaming audio and diagnostics.
- Provided over-the-air updates for Lucid on the continent.
Vice President of the Americas, Orange Business, Scott Williams, had this to say about the announcement:
We are proud to have the application development, data analytics, network and integration experience, and assets to help American automotive companies like Lucid expand operations in Europe.
Orange is a fully licenced electronic communication service company and provides internet of things connectivity, internet access and mobile services throughout the European Union. The company is a leader in the space and has supported multiple OEMs looking to navigate the often complex European regulatory environment in the internet of things space.
This is the second connectivity agreement in as many weeks for Lucid. As Drive Tesla reported two weeks ago, the company announced AT&T as their connectivity partner in the US.