Toronto Hydro, in partnership with Plug’n Drive and Elocity Technologies Inc., is looking for electric vehicle (EV) drivers in Toronto to participate in their EV Smart Charging Pilot Program.
The program has numerous goals which will help Toronto Hydro in developing future EV programs:
- Understand EV charging patterns and behaviours in Toronto, including duration, frequency and time of charging
- Gather information to assist in the development of future programs and to offer increased support for EV drivers
- Provide EV charger owners access to monitor, schedule and control charging through a mobile app
- Offer EV charger owners $50 per year for the duration of the pilot by participating in the demand response and demand management program
- Understand grid impacts and EV electricity demand
- Support the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
The program is limited to 100 participants, each of which will receive a free Hyper Integrated Electric Vehicle (HIEVTM) EVPlug smart charging device.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a Toronto Hydro customer
- Drive an EV (BEV or PHEV) or plan to have one by May 1, 2022
- Have an indoor or outdoor EV charging station installed at your home or business that plugs into a 120V or 240V electrical outlet by May 1, 2022
- Have a wi-fi connection that reaches your EV charger location
For more information and to apply, visit PlugnDrive.ca.