The Canadian market will have to wait another model year until they see the GMC Hummer EV 3X trim level.
Per GM Authority, all 2023 GMC Hummer EV pickups sold in Canada will be outfitted as Edition 1 variants. In contrast, the US will have access to the 3X, 2X and 2 trim.
However, GM did confirm that the plan is to sell the 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV in both the 3X and Edition 1 in Canada. The Pickup will likely also get the 3X trim, but GM has not confirmed this.
The 3X trim is just below the Edition 1 and provides a more off-road focus for buyers. The 3X has the Extreme Off-Road Package, which includes the following specs:
- Wheels, spare 18-inch by 9-inch Black aluminium with machined accents
- 18-inch Black aluminium wheels with machined accents
- LT305/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Full Underbody Skid Plates
- Driver-selectable electronically locking front differential
- Driver-selectable electronically locking rear differential
- Forward and Rearward underbody cameras
- Black Rear D-Ring Recovery Hook
- Rocker Protectors with Assist Steps
At least to say, this is a bit of a disappointment for those waiting for an off-road-focused GMC Hummer. However, for those who want the vehicle, you can always cross the border and secure your 2023 GMC Hummer EV 3X!