Earlier today Tesla officially opened Giga Berlin with Elon Musk personally handing over the first 30 made-in-Germany Model Y Performance SUVs.
With that event out of the way, Tesla can now focus on opening their other new factory, Giga Texas.
Today Travis County officials have approved Tesla’s major events permit to hold GigaFest Austin on April 7, 2022.
Details of the event were revealed in the permit application a few weeks ago, and more have emerged with the approval at a Travis County Commissioners Court meeting this morning. (via @blueskykites)
- Security will be provided by Travis County Sheriff’s Deputies
- Shuttle buses will be provided to transport attendees to and from Giga Texas
- Two stages will be set up
- 70% of the event will take place inside Giga Texas
- A fireworks permit was approved
The approval also included a traffic and safety plan for a “slightly reduced” figure from the original limit of 15,000 attendees.
The original time of the event remains unchanged, scheduled to take place from 4:00pm until 11:29pm local time.
With the permit in hand and the event just over two weeks away, Tesla will likely begin the process of sending out invitations very soon.