Tesla took the first and second spot in new EV registrations in Germany in February.
As per @nextmove_de, Tesla absolutely dominated new EV registrations in the country.
Here are the top five:
- Tesla Model 3- 3,690 vehicles registered, or thirteen per cent
- Tesla Model Y– 2,254 vehicles registered, or eight per cent
- Fiat 500e- 1,392 vehicles registered, or five per cent
- Hyundai Kona- 1,312 vehicles registered, or five per cent
- Renault Zoe- 1,101 vehicles registered, or four per cent
You can check out the complete list of vehicles down below.
Overall, Tesla has a 21 per cent stake in the total EV market in Germany.
This 21 per cent stake puts Tesla eleven per cent or so ahead of Volkswagen and twelve and a half per cent ahead of Hyundai.
As well, Tesla did show well in new car registrations across the country.
The Model 3 was fourth in overall new car registrations in Germany.
These numbers are great, and with the opening of the new Giga Berlin, we can only assume that the number of Model Y’s in Germany will skyrocket in March and beyond.