Ford is adding an EV purpose-built for police operations for the first time in their history.
The Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV will be available to order for current Ford Pro customers.
The vehicle is designed to be a modern, always-on work-ready truck used for police operations.
Ford Pro’s National Government Sales Manager, Nate Oscarson, had this to say on the announcement:
Pro Power Onboard can serve as a mobile power source to light up evening accident scenes on the highway, the electric powertrain helps to potentially reduce costs associated with fuel and scheduled maintenance.
In terms of technology and kit, here is what the Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV has on board:
- Intelligent Range
- SYNC 4
- Ford Power Up over-the-air software updates
- Ford Co-Pilot 360 technology
- 12-inch digital cluster screen and an additional 12-inch touchscreen on the center stack
- Police grade cloth seats
- Built-in steel intrusion plates
- Roof-mounted LED warning beacons in police colouring
- Reinforced instrument panel for easy mounting of police equipment
- Easy-to-clean vinyl rear seats and flowing in the back
Although many expected the Mustang Mach-E to be the first to be converted, police forces around North America will love this addition.
With the cost savings for not having to install kit and a quick turnaround to outfit, the Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV will be a popular option for police forces looking to electrify their fleet.