Tesla Model Y Is Switzerland’s Best-Selling Car for 10 Months of 2023

Tesla Model Y has strengthened its position in one of the European markets. According to the collected data, the electric SUV is the best-selling car in Switzerland from January to October 2023.

In the first ten months of the year, Tesla was able to sell 5,025 Model Ys in Switzerland, which was noticed by @SwissTeslaphile/X. The electric SUV maintained its edge over rivals even despite weaker sales in October when only 254 units were registered. Overall, the car is maintaining strong momentum and looks set to become the best-selling car in the country for the entire year.

In second place is Skoda Octavia with 4,036 units, which is more than one thousand fewer than Tesla Model Y. In third place is Skoda Enyaq with 3,697 sales. Behind it, in fourth place, is Audi Q3 with 3,460 units, and the top 5 is closed out by Volkswagen Polo with 2,977. At the bottom of the top 10 are Mercedes-Benz GLC (2,914), Volkswagen Tiguan (2,906), Volvo XC40 (2,802), BMW X1 (2,798), and Audi Q4 (2,719).

The market for new passenger cars in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein grew by 18.4 percent in October compared to the same month last year. However, at 20,355 registrations, the number of new vehicles remained about 22 percent below 2019 levels. The country’s automobile market is still recovering from COVID-19, however the unfavorable economic situation is holding back growth. For ten months of the year, the market grew by 13.1 percent to 203,261 registrations.

The share of alternative drives continues to grow in 2023, which became possible thanks to the consistent policies of automakers. In October, the share of hybrid, electric, and hydrogen vehicles exceeded 60 percent for the second month in a row. 28.2 percent of all newly registered passenger cars had a full or mild hybrid engine, electric vehicles accounted for 22.1 percent, and plug-in hybrids accounted for 10.1 percent of the market share. Since the beginning of the year, 59,000 electric vehicles that can be plugged in have been registered. Electric vehicles (20%) and plug-in hybrids (9%) together hold a market share of 29 percent, up from 23.4 percent at the same time last year.

Previous Article

Kia Urges Dealers to Avoid Markups on Upcoming EV9

Next Article

Tesla launches large-scale virtual power plant in Puerto Rico

You might be interested in …

vinfast

VinFast quietly increases North American vehicle and battery subscription prices, pushing VF9 to over $103K in Canada

VinFast announced North American pricing for its first two electric vehicles (EVs) earlier this year, planning to launch the VF8 before the end of 2022 and the VF9 in early 2023. Before those first deliveries […]