Electric vehicle (EV) owners are now able to visit more than two dozen Parks Canada sites thanks to a generous donation from Tesla.
In September 2019 Tesla pledged to donate electric vehicle (EV) chargers for 50 different Parks Canada locations across the country, giving Canadians the opportunity to connect with nature while reducing their carbon footprint.
Visiting our places in your #ZeroEmission vehicles ⚡🚗 is getting that much easier! You’ll now be able to plug in and enjoy more of our places thanks to @Tesla, who is donating EV charging stations with both Tesla and J1772 connectors to #ParksCanada. pic.twitter.com/UitUO0itVZ
— Parks Canada (@ParksCanada) September 6, 2019
Now nearly a year later, Parks Canada has announced 172 of the Tesla donated charging stations are live in 28 Parks Canada locations from coast to coast. This meets the Ministerial goal of having EV charging stations in 25 Parks Canada places by the end of the year.
By the fall, even more charging stations will be installed, bringing the total to 38 Parks Canada sites.
The Government of Canada has a further goal to double the number of chargers to 50 by 2025, a commitment which seems easily attainable now thanks to Tesla.
Each of the new locations feature both Tesla connectors and generic J-1772 connectors, allowing all EV drivers to re-charge their vehicles for free with the applicable entry fees.
When planning your trip to a Parks Canada place, visit Plugshare.com to find out if there is an EV charging station location at the national park or national historic site you are visiting.
Here is a complete list of locations with an EV charger.
1. Terra Nova National Park (Newfoundland and Labrador)
2. Kejimkujik National Park (Nova Scotia)
3. Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Nova Scotia)
4. Kouchibouguac National Park (New Brunswick)
5. Fundy National Park (New Brunswick)
6. Georgian Bay Islands National Park (Ontario)
7. Pukaskwa National Park (Ontario)
8. Point Pelee National Park (Ontario)
9. Prince Albert National Park (Saskatchewan)
10. Banff National Park (Alberta)
11. Jasper National Park (Alberta)
12. Waterton Lakes National Park (Alberta)
13. Riding Mountain National Park (Manitoba)
14. La Mauricie National Park (Quebec)
National Historic Sites
1. Grand-Pré National Historic Site (Nova Scotia)
2. Rideau Canal National Historic Site (Ontario)
3. Fort George National Historic Site (Ontario)
4. Sault Ste Marie Canal National Historic Site (Ontario)
5. Bellevue House National Historic Site (Ontario)
6. HMCS Haida National Historic Site (Ontario)
7. Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site (Ontario)
8. Batoche National Historic Site (Saskatchewan)
9. Motherwell Homestead National Historic Site (Saskatchewan)
10. Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site (British Columbia)
11. Signal Hill (Newfoundland and Labrador)
12. Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site (Manitoba)
National Marine Conservation Areas
Saguenay-St-Laurent Marine Park (Quebec)
National Urban Park
Rouge National Park (Ontario)
Locations with Previously Existing Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
· Rogers’ Pass National Historic Site Discovery Centre (1 J1772, 1 CCS/SAE, 1 CHAdeMO
· Yoho National Park Visitor Centre (1 J1772, 1 CCS/SAE, 1 CHAdeMO Charging Stations).
· Riding Mountain National Park (2 Tesla Charging Stations).
· Prince Edward Island National Park Administration – Dalvay-by-the-Sea (1 J1772
· Forillon National Park Information and Discovery Centre (2 J1772 Charging Stations).