If you enjoy driving and are looking for some temporary work this summer, you might want to look at applying at Tesla. The automaker is looking to hire Seasonal Vehicle Operators in Canada and the US for temporary positions of three months.
According to the job postings a Seasonal Vehicle Operator will be part of the vehicle data collection team, and as such will be “responsible for capturing high quality data that will contribute to the improvement of our vehicles performance.” This job position appears to be different than the ADAS Test Operator postings we have seen in the past as there is no mention of Autopilot or Full Self-Driving in the job description, with it merely mentioning vehicle performance.
The job is considered an “at-will, temporary position” with day and night shifts available. Applicants should also be able to work on the weekend and be able to work overtime. No education is required, but you will need a clean driving record and a minimum of four years of driving experience. Here are the listed responsibilities if you are successful.
- Operate a vehicle in a designated area for data collection
- Start/Stop recording devices and do minor equipment/software debugging when necessary. Analyze/report data collected during shift
- Provide feedback and suggest improvements to improve data collection processes
- Write daily drive reports detailing observations and issues
- Check vehicle is in proper and safe working order every day
Tesla’s Careers website shows Canadian positions available in Ontario (Mississauga and Richmond Hill) and Quebec (Saint Bruno), while in the US positions are posted for Illinois, Minnesota, Utah, Texas, Colorado, Washington, California, Florida, Georgia, New York, Arizona, Texas, and Massachusetts. (via Electrek)
Let us know in the comments below if you are thinking of applying.