Petro-Canada has taken another step into the world of electric vehicles (EVs), launching this week its new line of lubricants tailored specifically for EVs – the Petro-Canada Lubricants EVR product line.
Comprised of three products, EVR Driveline, EVR Thermal Management, and EVR Motor Greases, Petro-Canada says this line has applications across various segments, from battery through to driveline, with the promise that it enhances EV driving range and reduces charging time.
“The integration of EV technology into the transportation world is well underway, and our new EVR product line will further enable OEMs, commercial fleets, and consumers to realize the promise of EV technology,” said Alex Buczek, the Global Segment Manager for Transportation at Petro-Canada Lubricants.
The EVR product line has applications for consumers, medium and heavy-duty trucks and OEMs.
- ‘Wet’ Applications: Fluid solutions designed for optimal viscosity, efficient cooling, and compatibility with e-motor and gear-set materials.
- ‘Dry’ Applications: Lubricants designed to protect reduction gear sets and provide efficient energy conversion for high RPM e-motors.
- Electric Motor Grease:
- A polyurea-based grease specifically formulated to meet the stringent requirements of EV electric motor bearings.
- Thermal Management:
- Direct Cooling: Immersive lubricant solutions designed to optimize safety, material protection, heat transfer, and temperature uniformity.
- Indirect Cooling: Solutions for thermal efficiency and performance, optimized for electrical conductivity and dielectric performance.