Lucid Air owners will soon receive what the automaker is calling their most significant software update yet, Lucid UX 2.0. Lucid says advancements and improvements in the update enhances virtually every user touchpoint in the car.
Lucid saying some of the changes won’t be immediately noticeable but will lay the groundwork for other significant improvements.
Among those significant improvements is an instant-on glass cockpit and pilot panel displays allowing for seamless startup once you enter the vehicle.
Also added in this update is the introduction of Lucid’s Highway Assist for the DreamDrive advanced driver assistance system providing active lane centering and adaptive cruise control.
Other improvements to the driver-assist software includes rear pedestrian collision protection improvements, and park distance warning improvements to provide better visual clues.
Lucid has also made their intelligent macro lens array headlights smarter by illuminating the road you are turning onto, adding high-beam assist and automatic headlight leveling.
“This extensive software update, comprising tens of millions of new lines of source code across nearly every updateable computer in the vehicle, is achievable because the Lucid Air was engineered from the start with the capability to get better over time,” said Michael Bell, Senior Vice President of Digital, Lucid Group.
The software update will actually be broken down into multiple updates over a series of weeks, and will begin rolling out to owners soon.
Here is the full list of updates coming soon to the Lucid Air.
Glass Cockpit and Pilot Panel Displays
- “Instant-on” displays, so the car is ready to drive as soon as the driver sits down and buckles up.
- New on-screen layout for the Glass Cockpit display, moving the controls for the most-used apps like Home, Navigation, Media, and Phone to make Lucid UX more ergonomically friendly than ever.
- Updated Navigation and maps, with turn-by-turn directions now appearing on the center display directly ahead of the driver.
- More-intelligent prediction of remaining range, so drivers know even better what they can expect on the road.
- Do more with Alexa Built-In voice control, such as change the climate control settings for the rear seat.
- A more user-friendly browsing experience for third-party media apps, making it easier to see options, select favorite tunes, and start listening more quickly.
DreamDrive and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Highway Assist with active lane centering and adaptive cruise control, allowing for even greater driving comfort on long journeys.
- Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection is now also enabled when the vehicle is in Drive and rolling backwards.
- Improvements to visual cues for Park Distance Warning feature.
Intelligent Micro Lens Array Headlights
- High Beam Assist that detects not only other vehicles, but other sources of nearby light, and automatically switches to low beams when most appropriate.
- Automatic headlight leveling with sensor-based adjustments for height and vehicle angle in relation to the ground.
Vehicle Entry and Exit
- New De-Ice Mode combines defrost, automatic wiper blade movement, and wiper fluid to clear ice that may be obstructing the view through the windshield.
- A number of measures to make automatic locking and unlocking simpler, more intuitive, and more responsive with both the key fob and Mobile Key, as well as additional user-customizable settings.