Tesla Giga Shanghai Delivers 94K+ Cars in December, Second Highest Ever

Tesla achieved record vehicle delivery rates in 2023, delivering more than 1.8 million units to customers. As before, Giga Shanghai continues to play an important role in the manufacturer’s success, delivering more than half of all Tesla vehicles last year.

Data released Wednesday by the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA) showed that Giga Shanghai delivered 94,139 vehicles in December. This was the factory’s second highest ever and a record month for the year. The all-time record for most deliveries in one month was set in November 2022, when Giga Shanghai delivered 100,291 units. (via CnEVPost)

Delivery data for December includes both domestic sales and sales to foreign markets. Monthly sales increased 68.72 percent year-on-year and 14.2 percent compared to November 2023.

In the fourth quarter of last year, Tesla sold 248,686 Chinese-made cars. This is up 9.17 percent from last year and 11.76 percent from the third quarter. Tesla’s fourth quarter delivery data showed that 484,507 vehicles were delivered worldwide. This means deliveries from Giga Shanghai accounted for 51.33 percent of the company’s global deliveries, up slightly from 51.15 percent in the third quarter. This once again highlights the important role of the Chinese factory in Tesla’s overall growth.

For all of 2023, Tesla delivered 1,808,581 vehicles. According to the data, deliveries from Giga Shanghai amounted to 947,742 units. This means that Tesla’s Chinese factory accounted for 52.4 percent of all its deliveries for 2023. It should be noted that the remaining 47.6 percent of deliveries came from the Fremont, Giga Texas, and Giga Berlin factories combined. Giga Shanghai’s performance increased by 33.32 percent compared to 2022 when it delivered 710,865 units.

Are you buying a Tesla? If you enjoy our content and we helped in your decision, use our referral link to get a three month trial of Full Self-Driving (FSD).
Previous Article

Tesla referral rewards and redemptions will be taxed in the US

Next Article

Driving schools in Norway moving away from Tesla over lack of turn signal stalks

You might be interested in …